Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The SECRET


There's been such buzz about "The Secret" (good and bad) -- I personally love it and what it represents, and while I think the nay-sayers' intentions are good in worrying that people will be mindless sheep just "positively thinking" their life away, I wish they'd give us a little more credit than that.

What's wrong with working hard, being a good, decent, moral person, living by The Golden Rule, and sending good intentions into the world, believing that what you put out there will be attracted back to you? It's what's been going on for ages with religion -- it's the basic principle upon which almost every single oragnized faith is based upon.

Will the producers make lots of money from the sales of the book and dvd? Probably. Will it hurt anyone if the sale of those products generates more positivity across the world?

Don't we have more than enough skepticism and negativity already?

I think so, and that's how I came up with the idea to open a new store section at chunkyrhino (ba dum bum, ching). It's called chunkykarma and it's all about sending your positive thoughts, intentions, feelings out to the world. Even if all that happens is that you make someone smile, how could it be a BAD thing? Plus, one dollar from every sale at chunkyrhino will go to Invisible Children, Inc., so you're actually doing 2 good things at once!!

1 comment:

Kate Durham said...

Hey everyone, This reminds me, I was just wondering, have you ever heard of these nail files? They work on Acrylic and natural nails. I have tried them and they are incredible! I’ve never heard of anything like them before. They are much healthier for your nails than any other nail file out there. They are made of crystal, so they are also earth friendly. They are also non-porous so they don’t absorb bacteria! I have been trying to spread the word about these things so here is their website...
Top Notch Nail Files.